Heart Space – 2 day program
Heart Space 2 day program
Facilitators: Jo Cheval and Kailie Nott
- To gain a mutual understanding between horse and owner through greater emotional awareness of self.
- To create willing co-operation in the horse while still allowing the horse to express itself.
- To develop peaceful assertiveness in the owners with their horses
- To increase owner’s confidence in and use of their intuition around horses
- Increase horse and rider confidence when riding in a group
- To help horses be calm and peaceful with their handlers/riders in varied situations.
- Learn to practice horsemanship skills through meditation
- Become more aware of own emotions
- Learn ways to control and project emotions
- Learn to read horse’s emotions through watching and feeling (gut feeling/intuition)
- Practice being ‘grounded’ as an emotional example for the horse
- Learn to use body language, visualization and emotion to direct the horse
Clinic outline – details of program not published online.
10.00 Welcome & Introduction
10.10 Personalities and Relationship (Jo)
11.00 Unmounted simulation – Grounded
11.15 Action – Be your horse’s saviour
12.15 Lateral flexion from the ground. (Check emergency brakes for ridden exercises).
1.15 Action – saddled. Non-riders bring led horses to yards to observe.
Be your horse’s saviour – Mounted
2.15 Tea break
2.30 Theory – emotions and emotional fitness
3.30 Simulations – emotions
4.00 Move your horse
4.30 Identify your horse by smell
5.00 Homework task
Debrief: Discuss day.
9.30 Brief review
9.35 Guided Meditation (K)
10.30 Applied meditation with horse
11.00 Trail riding skills – ridden or led:
11.30 Homework review
11.35 Trail ride
Review of trail ride – discussion, leading into-
1.15 drawing (Jo)
2.00 Test your heart space (Jo)
3.00 Working Equitation
3.45 Workshop Review: discussion.